The fact that a motherboard can host the PC’s brain gives a notion of how important it really is. Without a well-performing motherboard, the whole computer can get paralyzed. Therefore, to ensure optimum computer performance, you have to keep your board in good condition.
One of the main factors that cause the majority of the motherboard problems is out-of-date drivers. Hence, through this guide, we shall talk about How To Update Motherboard Drivers for a well-performing computer. Further, if you update your motherboard drivers properly, then the majority of the troublesome computer problems like BSOD stay at bay.
Therefore, without wasting further time, let’s start the discussion with the top ways that you can implement for updating your motherboard drivers. Let’s take a quick glance at why you should update your motherboard drives before digging deeper into all the methods.
Why Should I Update Motherboard Drivers?
To answer this question, we have first to know what motherboard drivers actually are. The motherboard drivers do not denote the drivers created for a motherboard. Instead, they actually stand for your motherboard device drivers, drivers of the vital hardware parts (RAM, CPU, etc.), and peripheral devices (printer, keyboard, etc.) that are connected to your motherboard.
That’s to say, your motherboard itself does not require drivers, but the hardware parts and peripherals connected to the motherboard have such needs. Drivers are the invisible bridge between software and hardware.
Without drivers, the hardware parts of the computer can’t correspond with their operating system, which obstructs the PC from running correctly. If the drivers are out-of-date or corrupt, they might also bring malfunctions to the PC.
On the whole, updating the motherboard drivers on time can resolve a lot of commonly-seen issues like audio problems and network problems. Better yet, by updating the drivers, you can improve the PC performance in gaming or in different situations.
Here’s How You Can Update Motherboard Drivers On Windows:
You can make use of the following simplest possible ways for updating your motherboard drivers in an instant.
Way#1: Updating Windows
With each Windows update, you get new and up-to-date drivers. Therefore, follow these steps to update Windows and install the most recent motherboard drivers.
- First off, hit Windows and I button from the keyboard for launching the Settings menu.
- After that, click on the Update and Security option.
- Then, click on the Download button for installing the accessible Windows update.
- Wait till the update installation is finished.
Way#2: Updating The Motherboard Driver Using The Device Manager
You can update your motherboard driver by utilizing the Device Manager. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, open the Device Manager and expand the category called Processors.
- After that, right-click on the processor for which you desire to update drivers > select the Update driver option.
- Now, click on the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Wait for Windows to download and install the latest motherboard driver on the computer.
Way#3: Updating The Motherboard Driver Using The Bit Driver Updater
As the computer gets older, numerous drivers’ related problems begin slowing down its performance. Thus, for the smooth performance of the device, you have to keep your drivers updated. You can use the Bit Driver Updater to update the drivers automatically.
It’s the best method of updating your motherboard as well as other drivers. In addition to updating your motherboard drivers, this tool can also take the computer’s performance to another level. Therefore, follow the given steps:
- First off, download, and run the Bit Driver Updater utility.
- Let the tool scan the device for out-of-date drivers.
- After that, click on the Update Now option for downloading and updating your motherboard drivers.
- For updating all of the out-of-date drivers in a click, select the Update All option to get the Bit Driver Updater’s Pro version. This version provides numerous advantages like backup and restore. Hence, it’s a tool worth the investment.
The steps mentioned above are so simple to implement, right? Well, user-friendliness isn’t the only reason for which we suggest using the Bit Driver Updater utility. This tool can assist you in resolving a lot of tough computer issues that the majority of the other driver updaters failed to resolve. Further, together with automatically updating motherboard drivers, it makes the computer’s performance smoother and faster.
Through this guide, we mentioned the simplest ways of updating the motherboard drivers. We hope that now all the drivers are well up-to-date.